Thursday, August 21, 2014

Weekend Update

It's been sort of a sluggish week for me.  I think I only went riding once since last Saturday, not counting any dog runs I did with Indy, and Shiloh not at all.  See, last Friday, we noticed Shiloh had a laceration on her back paw, right next to and parallel with the back of the main pad.  No good way to close the injury, so we opted for conservatively applying topical antibiotics, and restricting her activity.

It did not appear to be healing like I thought it should, so today was vet-day.  We are blessed to have a good vet's office not too far off (Allen Veterinary Hospital, Allen TX), so I told her it was a two-way trip, and off we went.

$18 later, we had seen the vet, and gotten some antibiotic spray that is designed to taste bad!  Doc Mac says it should prevent her licking the wound open like she has been doing.  Doc Mac also said in her opinion it was actually healing nicely, and Shiloh could resume her runs behind the bike next week.

I've been a bit tired this week too, for some reason.  I find I have been sleeping ok, so I don't know just what is causing it.  It has served to keep me off the bike some though.  Plus with DH getting prepped for Hotter 'N Hell this weekend, and trying to get the CA2 ready for that (new rear derailleur, Rival $72, new TT900 carbon shifters, $120...), I was just a little 'biked out'.  He's trying for the full Imperial Century, and weather will be, well, hotter 'n hell this weekend, with a forecast of 99*F Saturday, with a 12-18mph wind from the south, which means a strong headwind the last 30 miles or so.  He will have fun, and the new bike is FAST!  So he is hoping for a sub-6 hour century.  Yes, for those that don't know, that is 100 miles on the bicycle.

Me?  I will likely take Shiloh and Indy to the dog park for a bit, and maybe take the kids out on their bikes to the dog park MUP.  Then it's pizza and a movie rental for Friday evening.  I will take it easy, and try to have some fun.  I wonder if there's anything worth renting?


1 comment:

  1. Pizza and Movie Rental sounds like just the thing . . a mini stay-cation . . Hope this coming week finds you refreshed happy and your pupster healed . . .

    ReplyDelete

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.