Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fond flashback to childhood

This woman, Sara Paretsky, is a noted author of mystery books.  The last name jumped out at me today while I was in Half Price Books.  I never really knew Sara, but I fondly remember her mother.  Her mom was the best librarian at the Lawrence Public Library, even way back when it was located in the old Carnegie library building.  Mrs Paretsky always knew what sort of book you wanted, and right where to find it!  She was one of those special people who helped instill a lifelong love of books in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I blog for myself, my family and friends, and of course the Hounds! I love to read your comments, and I always read them all.

But if you are here just to shill your own product, or are a spammer, don't waste your time or mine.